1.6
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

Update by user Feb 27

This has been resolved.

Original review posted by user Feb 27

Does the Tom Ferry International care about their customers? I don’t know to be honest.

A lot of people have had great results from what I’ve heard. I enrolled in Tom Ferry Elite+ coaching program after being told in the summit that I would 5X my investment. I thought it was a good decision so I enrolled by paying semi annually. I thought I paid quarterly but apparently billed for 6 months.

Anyway. It was a guarantee that they didn’t have in their contract so they had to check if it was “ok” to pencil in the guarantee on the contract and they did. This should have been a warning sign. They do make lots of guarantees so be careful it’s in the contract.

So I began the journey as a new licensed agent thinking I would make it big. The bad part was as soon as I wanted out because I wasn’t seeing a return and for health reasons, they refused coaching calls until I sign another agreement. On month 3 they sent me an agreement to cancel with a non disparagement provision which means you can’t talk badly about them and I try to be an honest person and I just can’t do that. They wanted to settle for fees paid meaning $6,319.00.

6 months of services paid, 3 months of services rendered. Not exactly fair, right? Eventually it reaches the point where their billing department reaches me and we had a great conversation. I stated I can’t sign an agreement to terminate and not talk badly because I overpaid for services.

The gentleman stated they wouldn’t be pursuing further and that they would not be going through collections. So month 6 hits and I get a call from the same guy. Frustrated I stated, “Do I have to file a lawsuit to make this go away” something like that and I ended up hanging up. I probably was wrong escalating that.

So I called him back and I explained that he stated no collections and my reasons for not liking coaching. He stated very gently that he would review it and get back to me with his team. He also stated no one ever stated they wouldn’t be pursuing further. Maybe 20 minutes later he stated email that they will only settle for full payment.

So 12,600 something. So initially they stated 6,319 that’s fine you overpaid nothing will be done but apparently now they want another 6,000 and if I don’t it will be settled as bad debt. Didn’t take very long I guess? What they say and what they write can be two different things.

The people on the phone can be very different than what they write. I personally believe that they are not in the best interests of the consumer. Their contract is written in such a way to never be able to get your money back. If you read the contract, most of what is written is in the organizations best interest and not yours.

And I explained that to the accounting guy and he didn’t disagree with me. I stated it had many risk shifting provisions. As a new agent, I feel taken advantage of. I’m sure they have helped many people but for an organization to say they provide value but yet be so strict on their refund policy and enforcement of contract and provide you with no way out I think is unjust.

The way this organization could do better is to make sure the guarantees they make are in the contract from the start. Consumers shouldn’t have to request terms penciled in.

Review about: Tom Ferry International Elite+ Program.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments